Re-visiting the Revolutionary War

Today I went to my first Revolutionary War Battle Re-enactment.  I have to admit that I'm not really the re-enactment type that's why I haven't been to one before. But given the opportunity to visit a re-enactment that wasn't at Lexington, MA (ie parking might be a reality), I thought it might be a great way to get my boys interested in history.

I have to admit that it was really fun.  We arrived just in time for the battle.  Instead of a solemn event, there was definitely a sense of levity.  And the kids loved it.  It's a two-day event, so there will be more activity tomorrow.  It's being held in the town of Millis, Massachusetts.  If you would like more information such as the battles they are re-enacting and the participants then please visit the Millis History website.

Here are some photos from the event (click the photos for a larger image):


Comments

  1. Ooooh, how fun! I so want to go to one of these someday (not a lot of 'em on the west coast, unfortunately). Even better, I'd like to BE a re-enactor someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good position on the British redcoat's side! I hope your boys enjoyed the experience, and that you had a chance to chat up some of the re-enactors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - unfortunately, it looked like the Red Coats won this battle. They kept advancing so I could never get good shots of the Patriots. Maybe the Patriots will have better luck today. I was very happy to see an African American patriot on the battlefield as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment