Follow Friday: Two Reminders to Help Change Your Perspective


I wish I had time to read all the genealogy blog posts that are published. There is some really good stuff being written.

Here are two posts that I think are worth reading. They both take ordinary actions and try to get you to think differently about them.

Paula Stuart-Warren of Paula's Genealogical Eclectica wrote a blog post entitled "First Impressions Should be Captured." When I first read this post I thought "Yes, yes, yes!"  The research ideas that pop into your head when you first see or hear about a research challenge can be some of your best ideas.  Paula provides great ideas and an exercise to demonstrate the effect.

Melissa Mannon who writes the blog ArchivesINFO wrote "Shared Cultural Heritage: My Unlabeled History."  Her title really captured my imagination. I loved the visual concept of unlabeled history. Melissa demonstrates the importance of unlabeled history in a moving personal story.  She hopes the story will encourage you to care for (and label) your personal history.

Comments

  1. Excellent recommendations! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. It's so frustrating not having the time to read the way I would like. I try to hit a few every day, but too often, I fail. I will most certainly check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing information on these new blogs. One of them was new to me - another blog to keep an eye on. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment