Let the Speaking Season Begin!

This past Saturday I gave my first talk of 2011 at the Brooks Free Library in Harwich, MA (Cape Cod). This particular talk was about cemetery research in
New England. The Brooks Free library itself is located in a beautiful late 19th century historic building. Harwich, as is all of Cape Cod, is steeped in genealogy and history. And just down the road from the library was an historic cemetery. Truly this was an ideal and fun location for me to give a talk. If only it had been July!

Lots of Conferences

This is the start of a very busy spring season for me.  I will be speaking over all Massachusetts.  Three of the dates are conferences: The New England Family History Conference in Franklin in March; The New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC) in Springfield in April; and the Worcester Public Library Genealogy Conference at the end of April.

New Topics, New Talks

I have a few new talks this spring in case anyone is looking for a speaker. They are all about social media for genealogists.  This is rapidly becoming an important and popular topic for online genealogists.

My new talks are:
  • "What is a Blog Anyway?" - Everything a genealogist needs to know about blogging.
  • "Facebook and Twitter for Genealogists" - This is an introduction to these social media sites.
  • "Advanced Facebook Tips for Genealogists" - This is for genealogists who are comfortable with Facebook but want to take it to the next level.
You can see the entire list of my available talks on my website.

I still have to put the new talks up on my website but they are available for booking now.  I will be giving "What is a Blog Anyway?" at the Massachusetts Genealogical Council Annual Seminar in July.

Anyone who is interested in attending one of my talks can check my schedule for times and locations.

If there are any groups or organizations looking for a speaker I am available to speak throughout the Northeast United States.  I may even head down to Florida this summer but the dates are still a little up in the air so I'm holding off scheduling anything just yet.

If you are attending any of the conferences mentioned above I hope you will be sure to stop by and introduce yourself if we haven't met already.  For me, one of the best parts of speaking is getting to me lots of genealogists from many different places.

See you on the road!

Comments

  1. So glad to see your blogging topic. I will have to see if I can make it for your July lecture on blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment