Let's Talk

Yesterday I attended the New England Family History Conference in Franklin, MA. It's a rather large one-day conference and typically over 500 people attend from all over New England.  I love to attend this conference, and others, because it allows me the chance to see many friends and colleagues.  Some of them I only see annually at this one conference.

As much as I love this conference, it is all too short!  I never really get the chance to have more than passing conversations with old friends and new. It always leaves me longing for more

The answer to that for me is the New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC).  Because NERGC is held over a number of days, and because I stay the entire time in the conference hotel, I really get the chance to see people and have real conversations.

I really covet the opportunity to spend time to have more in-depth conversations with people that I don't get to see that often.  It also gives me the chance to speak with genealogists from other parts of the country that I've never met before.

There's always quiet time before the daily talks start and also in the evenings when the day-time events are over.

If you are a reader of this blog and are planning on attending NERGC, please let me know (either here in the comments, via twitter, or on the NERGC Facebook page).  I would love the chance to meet you and at least say "hi".  Maybe we'll be able to share a cup of coffee or mingle at one of the happy hours.

If you haven't considered attending NERGC before, please do!  In addition to all the great genealogy talks and workshops, this is one of the few regional New England events where you really get a chance to have a conversation with people just like yourself who understand exactly your passion for genealogy.

So here's looking forward to seeing you at NERGC.  Let me know that you are coming so that I can be on the lookout for you!

[The New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC) will be held April 6-10, 2011 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Comments

  1. I'll be there, Marian! Is there any special time set aside for the New England Genea-Bloggers at one of the breakfasts or happy hours? It would be fun to see how many are at NERGC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian, I have passed on to you the One Lovely Blog Award. You can get your award at: http://aremyrootsshowing.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Enjoy, and congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment