I'm headed to a conference!

Tomorrow I am headed to the New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC) in Springfield, Massachusetts. This is the largest, most dynamic genealogical event in New England.

The conference is sponsored and supported by the efforts of 22 organizations across New England who come together to make it happen.

For the next four days I am going to:
  • Attend talks by some of the best genealogists in the country
  • Attend a society fair to see who else can help me find my ancestors
  • Participate in an Ancestors Roadshow as a volunteer professional consultant
  • Give a talk on New England Probate
  • Spend time with other folks who love genealogy as much as I do
  • Wander through the Exhibit Hall and try to restrain myself from buying everything I see
  • Catch up, hopefully, with some distant cousins
  • Meet loads of my Facebook friends for the first time 
  • Catch up with old friends
  • Volunteer just a few more times before it's over

If you love genealogy and you have a day or two or three free this week, then consider heading over to Springfield.  If you can't get off work, consider coming for the day on Saturday.

Don't have the money to spend on registration?  Then stop by the Exhibit Hall or the Society Fair. They are both free and open to the public.

If you pass me in the hall, be sure to stop and introduce yourself! I would love to meet you.

See you in Springfield!

Comments

Post a Comment