Something to Get Excited About!

Talk about good branding. I don't even attend the Southern California Genealogical Society's Jamboree and I still think it's fun and exciting.  They have definitely the corner as the "Mardi Gras" of all genealogy conferences.  They have proven time and again that a regional conference can be both innovative and forward thinking.

I hear can you now - "I'm not going to the conference so what should I care?"  Short of RootsTech, SoCal Jamboree is providing the best free virtual conference available. The conference, which is happening this weekend (June 9 & 10, 2012) will be streaming live talks from speakers Warren Bittner, Lisa Louise Cooke, Steve Luxenberg, Kerry S. Bartels, D. Joshua Taylor, Barry J. Ewell, Curt Witcher and Laura Prescott.

That means anyone, anywhere in the world with an good internet connection and the ability to adjust to time changes (Jamboree is on Pacific Standard Time) can tune in to the conference.  In order to take advantage of this you need to register (just like you would for any webinar). Take a look at the Jamboree announcement for the streaming sessions and you'll find the registration links.

I've already signed up for a bunch of the sessions. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of them too.

Comments

  1. Love your analogy of "Mardi Gras" of genealogy conferences, Marian!! Yes, they seem to have so much fun along with great learning. I'll be watching the streaming classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. Being on the East Coast I hadn't been paying close enough attention to this conference. It's good to know about the streaming options. Gonna see what I can work into my schedule this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment