Armchair Genealogist, Lynn Palermo has very conveniently helped all genealogists by putting together a holiday shopping list for their loved ones. She has made some great recommendations and I highly suggest you check it out.
While Lynn was being very generous with her ideas, I am going to be very selfish. This list of six items contains what I want for Christmas. I don't want you to give it to somebody else, I want somebody to give it to me!
Marian's Genealogy Wish List
1. An 11x17 flatbed scanner that can scan all the old deeds and other documents that come in super-size. Canon makes some very nice ones!
2. Tuition to cover the Boston University Certificate in Genealogical Studies, on-site classroom version.
3. A $500 gift certificate to Jonathan Sheppard Books so that I can buy lots of New York related books and start making an attempt to solve all my New York brick walls.
4. A video camera so I can start making cool videos like Caroline Pointer. I don't know anything about digital video cameras so someone will have to help me out with suggestions.
5. An all expense paid 3-day trip to Washington DC so that I can research at NARA, the Library of Congress and the DAR.
6. Lifetime memberships to all New England state genealogical societies: The Massachusetts Society of Genealogists, Rhode Island Genealogical Society, Connecticut Society of Genealogists, Genealogical Society of Vermont, New Hampshire Society of Genealogists, Maine Genealogical Society. Let's throw in NEHGS and NYG&BS while we're at it!
I'm not asking for too much am I? Santa are you listening?
A girl can dream!